Search the database

You searched for:   subject=lion
Your search found 25 results.
  Crucifixion with Soldiers and Evangelists Crucifixion with Soldiers and Evangelists
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1913
Church of St Mary, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
nave
  St Matthew the Evangelist and St Mark the Evangelist    from    The Four Evangelists St Matthew the Evangelist and St Mark the Evangelist
from The Four Evangelists

designer: Edmund Benjamin Ferrey
artist: James Forsyth
1892
St Mary and Christ Church, Llanfairfechan, Conwy
east wall of the sanctuary
  St Matthew and St Mark    from    The Four Evangelists St Matthew and St Mark
from The Four Evangelists

Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
chancel
  WInged Lion, Symbol of St Mark    from    Choirstall Carvings WInged Lion, Symbol of St Mark
from Choirstall Carvings

artist: E. Edward Geflowski
about 1890
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion
choir
  St Luke, St Mark and St Matthew    from    The Writers of the New Testament St Luke, St Mark and St Matthew
from The Writers of the New Testament

artist: Heywood Sumner
1888
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Kilgeddin, Monmouthshire
south wall of the sanctuary
  St Mark the Evangelist    from    The Four Evangelists St Mark the Evangelist
from The Four Evangelists

firm/studio: Wormleighton
about 1880
Church of St Catherine, Baglan, Neath Port Talbot
chancel
  St Matthew and St Mark with St Cecilia    from    The Four Evangelists St Matthew and St Mark with St Cecilia
from The Four Evangelists

1949
Church of St James, Cardiff
south wall of south aisle
  Scenes from the Life of David Scenes from the Life of David
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1874, with fragments from about 1500
Church of All Saints, Gresford, Wrexham
south wall of the nave
  Plaque With the Lion of St Mark Plaque With the Lion of St Mark
artist: Henry Wilson
about 1895
Church of St Mark, Brithdir, Gwynedd
west wall
  The Crucifixion with Panels from the Seven Sacraments The Crucifixion with Panels from the Seven Sacraments
restorer: Charles Eamer Kempe
about 1500, restored in 1876
Church of St Tyrnog, Llandyrnog, Denbighshire
east wall of the north nave


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018