Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham

formerly in: Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ418462
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
There was a chapel on the site by 1388, and a church was built here in 1557, and again in 1658. The present church is a Georgian rebuild of 1736-9 by Richard Tradshaw, under the patronage of the Puleston family.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  St Michael St Michael
artist: A. K. Nicholson
1894
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
south wall of the nave
  Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
south wall of the chancel
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
north wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_7206.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017