A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios

Stained glass manufacturers. Archibald Keighley Nicholson (1867-1937) was the brother of Charles Nicholson (1867-1949), a pupil of J. D. Sedding and partner of Henry Wilson, and of Sydney Nicholson, founder of the Royal School of Church Music. A. K. Nicholson also worked with Henry Wilson, but in the late 1890s set up his own stained glass studio in London. He was embedded in the Arts & Crafts traditions, and kept close personal control over all the work which left his studio. His studio continued into the 1960s under his name, and run by G.E.R. Smith who designed their windows after 1937.

Your search found 9 results.
  St Michael St Michael
artist: A. K. Nicholson
1894
Church of St Deiniol, Worthenbury, Wrexham
south wall of the nave
  Te Deum Te Deum
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
1925
Church of St Gabriel, Brynmill, Swansea
east wall of the chancel
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
1926
Church of St Gabriel, Brynmill, Swansea
east wall of the Lady Chapel
  The Instruction of the Virgin Mary The Instruction of the Virgin Mary
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
1926
Church of St Gabriel, Brynmill, Swansea
south wall of the south aisle (Lady Chapel)
  The Expulsion of Eve from Eden The Expulsion of Eve from Eden
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
1926
Church of St Gabriel, Brynmill, Swansea
south wall of the south aisle (Lady Chapel)
  The Adoration of the Virgin and Child by the Magi The Adoration of the Virgin and Child by the Magi
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
1929
Church of St Mary, Brecon, Powys
east wall of the south aisle
  Christ in Majesty with Scenes from the Gospels Christ in Majesty with Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach, Swansea
south wall
  Te Deum Laudamus Te Deum Laudamus
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
1954
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
east wall of chancel
  The Ship of the Church The Ship of the Church
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
about 1955
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
west wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2015 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2015