Henry Gustave Hiller (1864-1946)

Liverpool-based designer and manufacturer of stained glass. Henry Gustave Hiller trained at Manchester School of Art where he was taught by Walter Crane. He established his studio in Liverpool in about 1904, producing a wide variety of decorative crafts. Hiller retired to Anglesey in 1940.

Further reading

Barrie Armstrong and Wendy Armstrong, The Arts and Crafts Movement in the North West of England: A Handbook (Wetherby: Oblong, 2005), p. 236.



Your search found 6 results.
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
designer: Henry Gustave Hiller
1907
Church of St Peter, Llanbedr-y-cennin, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Light of the World with St Sannan and St David Christ the Light of the World with St Sannan and St David
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
1910
Church of St Sannan, Llansannan, Conwy
east wall of the south nave
  Scenes from the Resurrection of Christ Scenes from the Resurrection of Christ
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
1918
Church of St Marcella, Denbigh, Denbighshire
east wall of the south nave
  St Gabriel and St Michael St Gabriel and St Michael
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
1920
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Newtown, Powys
south wall of the nave
  Angels with Sacred Heraldry Angels with Sacred Heraldry
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
1927
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Newtown, Powys
north wall of the nave
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
about 1937
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
south wall of the nave




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017