Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ127729

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church with a tower dating back to the thirteenth century with restoration and rebuilding during the late fifteenth and early sixteenth century. Restored in 1894-5 by W.H. Spaull of Oswestry.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion The Crucifixion
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
designer: Frederick Bell
about 1908
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Visitation The Visitation
firm/studio: Morris & Co.
designer: Henry Dearle
1936
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
south wall of the nave
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
about 1937
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
south wall of the nave
  The Ascension The Ascension
1924
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
east wall of the north aisle
  The Presentation of Christ in the Temple The Presentation of Christ in the Temple
about 1920
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
north wall of the north aisle
  Melchizedek with St John and St Paul Melchizedek with St John and St Paul
1919
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Caerwys_DSC5664.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017