Ernest Penwarden

Designed stained glass for James Powell & Sons over a long period from the 1890s until the 1930s, working in the style established by Henry Holiday.

Your search found 12 results.
  Three Angelic Figures Three Angelic Figures
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Ernest Penwarden
designer: Read
about 1897
Robeston Wathen Church, Robeston Wathen, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel
  The Presentation of Christ in the Temple The Presentation of Christ in the Temple
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Ernest Penwarden
1899
Church of St Eurgain and St Peter, Northop, Flintshire
north wall of the north aisle
  Hannah, Samuel and Eli Hannah, Samuel and Eli
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd.
designer: Liversedge
designer: Philip William Cole
designer: Ernest Penwarden
designer: Read
about 1919
Church of St Mary, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the nave
  St Andrew and St Patrick St Andrew and St Patrick
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
designer: Read
about 1921
Brecon Cathedral, Brecon, Powys
north wall of the north transept chapel (Harvard Chapel)
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
1922
Church of St David, Bangor, Gwynedd
south wall of the Lady Chapel
  St Anne St Anne
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
1922
Church of St David, Bangor, Gwynedd
south wall of the Lady Chapel
  Christ with Children Christ with Children
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
1923
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north transept (Memorial Chapel)
  The New Jerusalem The New Jerusalem
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
1923
Church of St Peter ad Vincula, Pennal, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  St Agnes St Agnes
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
about 1925
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the sanctuary
  The Adoration of the Magi The Adoration of the Magi
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
designer: Read
about 1925
Brecon Cathedral, Brecon, Powys
east wall of the south transept chapel (Chapel of St Lawrence)




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017