Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO26441388
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Christ Church was built in 1847 and designed by Wyatt & Brandon. Its chancel and north aisle were added in 1871-2 by J.D. Sedding.


Search for further information about Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire on Google


Artworks at this site:
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
about 1871
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
  St Matthew and St Mark    from    The Four Evangelists St Matthew and St Mark
from The Four Evangelists

firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson
1909
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
  Christ Appearing to St Thomas Christ Appearing to St Thomas
about 1860
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
  Landscape with Wine, Bread and Fruits Landscape with Wine, Bread and Fruits
artist: John Petts
1990
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018