Horace Wilkinson (1866-1957)

Stained glass artist. Horace Wilkinson trained at Brighton School of Art and South Kensington School of Art before working with a number of other stained glass firms from 1886-1901, including Arthur Dix, Edward Frampton, Burlison & Grylls and Clayton & Bell. From 1901 until 1945 he worked independently, located (around 1930) at 101 Gower Street, London. He was frequently employed by the architect W.D. Caroe.

Further reading

A. L. Wilkinson, 'Obituary: Horace Wilkinson (1866–1957)' Journal of the British Society of Master Glass-Painters, vol. xii, no. 3 (1957–8), 220–2.

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 129.



References

Alfred L. Wilkinson, 'Edward Frampton, 1850–1929, Master Glass-Painter' Journal of the British Society of Master Glass-Painters, vol. xi, no. 2 (1952–3), p. 71.




Search for further information about Horace Wilkinson on Google

Your search found 6 results. plus 1 tentative attribution.

Include tentative attributions



  The Crucifixion with Scenes from the Gospels The Crucifixion with Scenes from the Gospels
artist: Horace Wilkinson
about 1920
Church of St Cadmarch, Llangammarch Wells
east wall of the chancel
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
artist: Horace Wilkinson
1924, with fifteenth century fragments
Church of St Mary, Cardigan, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Donors The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Donors
artist: Horace Wilkinson
about 1925
Church of St Tewdric, Mathern, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
  St George with St Gabriel and St Uriel St George with St Gabriel and St Uriel
artist: Horace Wilkinson
1925
Church of St Mary, Cardigan, Ceredigion
south wall of sanctuary
  The Risen Christ with Angels The Risen Christ with Angels
artist: Horace Wilkinson
1925
Church of the Holy Trinity, Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
artist: Horace Wilkinson
1926
Church of St Illtyd, Pembrey, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel


Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021