F. R. Kempson

Architect working mainly in Glamorgan. He was the heir to the practice of John Prichard and designed many churches for the Diocese of Llandaff, including St Peter's, Pentre, St Martin's, Roath, and others in collaboration with Charles B. Fowler in Barry and Penarth as well as enlargements to St John the Baptist in central Cardiff, following designs of the late John Prichard. Kempson also designed the Theological College in Llandaff.

Further reading

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (London/Cardiff: 1995), p. 95.



Sites associated with this person
   as architect: Church of St John the Baptist, Cardiff , Cardiff
   as architect: Church of St John the Baptist, Newport , Newport
   as architect: Church of St Agnes, Aberafan , Neath Port Talbot
   as architect: Church of St Paul, Barry , Vale of Glamorgan


Your search found 2 results.
  Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists
designer: Charles Busteed Fowler
artist: Henry Hugh Armstead
designer: F. R. Kempson
1890
Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of the chancel
  Christ with Disciples and Saints Christ with Disciples and Saints
artist: Thomas Earp
designer: F. R. Kempson
1896
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
east wall of the chancel




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017