Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ187008
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church originally built in in 1802, replacing a medieval building. The church was substantially rebuilt in 1875 by Edward Haycock of Shrewsbury, which gave the a Gothic character to the church.

Artworks at this site:
  The Transfiguration The Transfiguration
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1859
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Christ with Disciples and Saints Christ with Disciples and Saints
artist: Thomas Earp
designer: F. R. Kempson
1896
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1907
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
south wall of the sanctuary
  Angels of the Resurrection Angels of the Resurrection
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Read
1907
Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys
west wall (tower)


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Beuno, Berriew, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017