Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS763901
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Church built by Prichard and Seddon in 1858-9 on a medieval site. A north aisle was added in 1898 by G.E. Halliday.

Parish website

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Pollard Seddon
   as architect: John Prichard
   as architect: G. E. Halliday


Artworks at this site:
  The Adoration of the Young Christ The Adoration of the Young Christ
firm/studio: W. F. Dixon
1890
Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of the chancel
  Receiving the Crown of Life Receiving the Crown of Life
firm/studio: Daniells & Fricker
1920
Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
west wall of the nave
  The Parable of the Talents The Parable of the Talents
firm/studio: Daniells & Fricker
1916
Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of south aisle
  The Annunciation and the Crucifixion The Annunciation and the Crucifixion
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1964
Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
south wall of south aisle
  The Good Samaritan The Good Samaritan
firm/studio: J. Wippell & Co. Ltd
1931
Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
south wall of south aisle
  Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists
designer: Charles Busteed Fowler
artist: Henry Hugh Armstead
designer: F. R. Kempson
1890
Church of St Mary, Aberafan, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of the chancel



Other sites at Aberafan, Port Talbot, Glamorgan
Church of St Agnes

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017