T. W. Camm & Co. (1888-1960)

Thomas Camm (1839-1912) had worked for Chance Brothers, under Samuel Evans. He established the firm Camm Bros with his two brothers in about 1865, until the firm was bought in 1882. Thomas William Camm then established his own firm in Smethwick, Staffordshire in 1888. His children Florence (1874-1960), Walter (1881-1967) and Robert (1878-1950) designed for the firm, and took over its running in 1912. They were the designers and principal executants of all the firm's work after that date.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 23.



Your search found 3 results.
  Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ the Light of the World
artist: T. W. Camm
about 1904
Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Pontypool, Torfaen
(liturgical) south wall
  Sir Galahad's Vision of the Holy Grail Sir Galahad's Vision of the Holy Grail
designer: Walter Camm
firm/studio: T. W. Camm & Co.
1924
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Wolvesnewton, Monmouthshire
south wall of the sanctuary
 Angelic Ministration to the Christ Child Angelic Ministration to the Christ Child
designer: Walter Camm
firm/studio: T. W. Camm & Co.
1924
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Wolvesnewton, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017