R. L. Boulton & Sons (1838-)

London firm established around 1838, with branches in Birmingham and Worcester. Some 20 years later (c.1866-67) Richard Lockwood Boulton (c.1832-1905) combined its forces at Cheltenham and subsequently became the leading ecclesiastical sculptors with an astonishing output of statues, altarpieces, pulpits and other church furnishings. Boulton's stoneyard was at Bath Road until 1972. Their work is well in represented in Wales, including at St Non's Chapel (St Davids), Llangynllo, Aberystwyth and Llananno.

Your search found 7 results.
  Scenes from the Bible and the Symbols of the Four Evangelists Scenes from the Bible and the Symbols of the Four Evangelists
firm/studio: R. L. Boulton & Sons
1869
Church of St Cynllo, Llangynllo, Ceredigion
nave
  St Paul Preaching St Paul Preaching
firm/studio: R. L. Boulton & Sons
about 1869
Church of St Cynllo, Llangynllo, Ceredigion
nave
  Ruth Ruth
firm/studio: R. L. Boulton & Sons
about 1871
Church of St Cynllo, Llangynllo, Ceredigion
nave
  Old and New Testament Figures Old and New Testament Figures
firm/studio: R. L. Boulton & Sons
about 1880
Church of St Anno, Llananno, Powys
rood screen
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
firm/studio: R. L. Boulton & Sons
about 1890
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion
sanctuary
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
firm/studio: R. L. Boulton & Sons
1913
Christ Church, Aberbeeg, Caerphilly
east wall of the chancel
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
firm/studio: R. L. Boulton & Sons
about 1934
Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
sanctuary




Browse list of people in the database


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017