Henry Wilson (1864-1934)

A designer, architect and jeweller, and an enthusiastic proponent of the Arts & Crafts Movement. Henry Wilson was a pupil of John Dando Sedding, and took over the practice after Sedding's death in 1891. He wrote extensively on jewellery and its teaching, on the history of art and architecture, as well as church building and town planning.

Further biographical details and examples of work.

Further reading

Cyndy Manton, Henry Wilson: Practical Idealist (Cambridge: Lutterworth Press, 2009).



Sites associated with this person
   as architect: Church of St Mark, Brithdir , Gwynedd


Your search found 4 results.
  Plaque With the Lion of St Mark Plaque With the Lion of St Mark
artist: Henry Wilson
about 1895
Church of St Mark, Brithdir, Gwynedd
west wall
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
artist: Henry Wilson
about 1898
Church of St Mark, Brithdir, Gwynedd
sanctuary
  Pulpit with Vine Motifs Pulpit with Vine Motifs
artist: Henry Wilson
1898
Church of St Mark, Brithdir, Gwynedd
nave
  The Adoration of the Magi The Adoration of the Magi
artist: Henry Wilson
1904
Church of St Dyfrig and St Samson, Grangetown, Cardiff
east wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017