Church of St Mary, Undy, Monmouthshire
Diocese of Monmouth (formerly: Llandaff)
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: ST44008693
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
St Mary's Undy was considerably altered in the nineteenth century, including the restoration in 1880 by John Prichard. Some medieval features remain, including the west window of about 1300, and Prichard retained the medieval east window and south window in the chancel. The church has an early thirteenth-century font and a fourteenth-century bell.
as architect: John Prichard
| The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John |
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1884Church of St Mary, Undy, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021