Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS933680
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The church is probably a twelfth century foundation, the Norman chancel arch and font remaining. Much building in the fifteenth century included the churchyard Calvary. The Lady Chapel dates to the sixteenth century. Restoration of 1878 and the tower was restored in 1907 by G. E. Halliday.

People associated with this site
   as architect: G. E. Halliday


Artworks at this site:
  St Peter and St Elizabeth St Peter and St Elizabeth
about 1865
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
south wall of the chancel
  The Feeding of the Multitude The Feeding of the Multitude
about 1889
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
chancel
  Chalice with the Host Chalice with the Host
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
StDonats_DSC2733.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017