Church of St Cadoc, Raglan, Monmouthshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO413076
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The church at Raglan is attested in the thirteenth century but is probably an earlier foundation. The nave and tower are fifteenth century, and the north chancel chapel sixteenth century. Restored 1867-8 by T.H. Wyatt, the font, pulpit and east window were added at this time. Wyatt's uncle and father-in-law, Arthur Wyatt, was the agent to the patron, the 8th Duke of Beaufort, and at the time of the restoration his brother-in-law, Arthur Montague Wyatt (1810-74), was vicar of the parish.

History of the church
Raglan Ministry Area website

People associated with this site
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt


Artworks at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
about 1868
Church of St Cadoc, Raglan, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
  St John the Baptist with St Peter and St Paul St John the Baptist with St Peter and St Paul
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
1875
Church of St Cadoc, Raglan, Monmouthshire
west wall of the tower


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Cadoc, Raglan, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017