Church of St Mary, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ104064
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Church rebuilt on a medieval site by Edward Haycock in 1868. The new church followed the plan of the previous building, and a few earlier features were incorporated into the new building.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  The Adoration of the Shepherds The Adoration of the Shepherds
artist: John Petts
about 1973
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys
north wall of the north aisle (Lady Chapel)
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1972
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys
north wall of the north aisle (Lady Chapel)
  The Twelve Apostles The Twelve Apostles
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1868
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys
south wall of the nave
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
about 1879
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St Michael Overcoming the Dragon St Michael Overcoming the Dragon
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys
south wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017