Church of St Elian, Llanelian-yn-Rhos, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH863764
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved medieval church, restored in 1859 and 1903.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  The Four Evangelists The Four Evangelists
firm/studio: James Ballantine and Son
1862
Church of St Elian, Llanelian-yn-Rhos, Conwy
east wall of north aisle
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
artist (after): Leonardo da Vinci
artist: John Yorke
1873
Church of St Elian, Llanelian-yn-Rhos, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  The Crucifixion The Crucifixion
firm/studio: James Ballantine and Son
about 1862
Church of St Elian, Llanelian-yn-Rhos, Conwy
chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Elian, Llanelian-yn-Rhos, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017