Church of St Maelog, Llanfaelog, Anglesey

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH336729
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church rebuilt in 1847 by Henry Kennedy. The church was innovatively reordered in 2000 by Adam Voelcker in 2000, with modern fittings by Colin Pearce and Bill Swann.

Church website.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Henry Kennedy
   as architect: Adam and Frances Voelcker


Artworks at this site:
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
1881
Church of St Maelog, Llanfaelog, Anglesey
east wall of the chancel
  Two Angels Two Angels
artist: Edward Frampton
about 1902
Church of St Maelog, Llanfaelog, Anglesey
north wall of the nave
  St Paul St Paul
firm/studio: A. Seward & Co.
1902
Church of St Maelog, Llanfaelog, Anglesey
west end of the church
  Tree of Life Screen and Doors Tree of Life Screen and Doors
artist: Bill Swann
2000
Church of St Maelog, Llanfaelog, Anglesey
  Font Holder and Communion Rail    from    Tree of Life Fittings Font Holder and Communion Rail
from Tree of Life Fittings

artist: Colin Pearce
2000
Church of St Maelog, Llanfaelog, Anglesey


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Maelog, Llanfaelog, Anglesey height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017