Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SM8711
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Tower late fourteenth/fifteenth century. Rebuilt 1869-78 by E. Wehnert but finished by E.H. Lingen Barker. Font medieval. Pews and pulpit by Barker. Described as an 'above average restoration'.

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. H. Lingen Barker


Artworks at this site:
  Christ with St David, St James and Angels Christ with St David, St James and Angels
designer: John Coates Carter
about 1925
Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire
chancel
  The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: J. Hodges
1928
Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Door of the Sheepfold with Symbols of the Sacrament The Door of the Sheepfold with Symbols of the Sacrament
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1990
Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire
west wall
  The Light of the World The Light of the World
artist (after): William Holman Hunt
Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire
vestry


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_0903.jpg_MG_0877.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017