Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO45661567
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, with alterations and additions to the church under the direction of T.H. Wyatt in 1852-3 and 1875. Cox & Son provided a lavish interior decorative scheme in 1866, some of which is now lost.


Search for further information about Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt


Artworks at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
1875
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
The Four Evangellists
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1866
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
north and south walls of the sanctuary
  Saints Saints
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1884
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
south wall of the south transept
The Adoration of the Magi
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1914
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave
  St George and St Andrew St George and St Andrew
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1918
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
north wall of the nave
  Choir of Angels Choir of Angels
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1879
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018