Christ Church, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire

Diocese of St Davids

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN40752004

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Christ Church was built in 1867 to serve English-speaking Anglicans and dedicated in 1869. It was renovated in 1891. The south aisle now serves as a hall.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Christ Church, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: R. K. Penson


Artworks at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1915
Christ Church, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
sanctuary apse
  The Good Samaritan The Good Samaritan
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1917
Christ Church, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Ascension The Ascension
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: E. Liddall Armitage
1955
Christ Church, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the nave



Other sites at Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
Church of St Peter
English Congregational Church
Heol Awst
Trinity College Chapel

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Christ Church, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018