Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire

Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ14617818

Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire Whitford_DSC0381-71A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

The Church of St Mary and St Beuno is probably an early medieval foundation, and it is thought that the original dedication was to Beuno. Some of the fabric of the present church dates back to the fourteenth or fifteenth century. West tower of 1842-3, and major rebuilding in 1845/6, with further interior reordering in 1888 to the design of Ewan Christian.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: Ewan Christian


Artworks at this site:
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: Charles Alexander Gibbs
1876
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
  Scenes from the Youth of Christ Scenes from the Youth of Christ
firm/studio: Lavers & Westlake
1898
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
east wall of the north aisle
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
1968
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
north wall of the north aisle


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019