Church of St John, Nelson, Caerphilly

formerly in: Glamorgan


Diocese of Llandaff

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST11069554

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Church built 1887-9 by E.H. Lingen Barker.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St John, Nelson, Caerphilly on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: E. H. Lingen Barker


Artworks at this site:
  Christ with Children, St John and St Luke Christ with Children, St John and St Luke
firm/studio: G. Maile & Son
about 1950
Church of St John, Nelson, Caerphilly
east wall of the chancel
  St John and St John the Baptist St John and St John the Baptist
probably early twentieth century
Church of St John, Nelson, Caerphilly
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St John, Nelson, Caerphilly height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018