Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ08907964

Church (Anglican)
The church at Trelawnyd was built in 1724 on a medieval site, when the parish was known as Newmarket. The building was restored in 1863, and again by Douglas & Fordham of Chester in 1895-7.


Search for further information about Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: John Douglas


Artworks at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene
artist: A. O. Hemming
1894
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
The Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
south wall of the chancel
Christ the Good Shepherd and the Virgin & Child
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
north wall of the chancel
The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb
1930
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
north wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018