Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire/Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH84107925
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church built in 1908-9, designed by J.M.Porter and Elcock in 'Arts and Crafts Gothic'. The chancel, vestry and organ chamber was added in 1925. The church was closed in October 2013.


Search for further information about Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: J. M. Porter


Artworks at this site:
  The Supper at Emmaus with St David and St Asaph The Supper at Emmaus with St David and St Asaph
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1925
Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
 Jesus Christ the Divine Healer Jesus Christ the Divine Healer
firm/studio: Abbott & Co. Ltd
1949
Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
north wall of the nave
  The Nativity The Nativity
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
about 1958
Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
south wall of the nave
  The Calling of St Andrew The Calling of St Andrew
firm/studio: Leyland & Sons
1963
Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
west wall of the nave



Other sites at Colwyn Bay, Denbighshire/Caernarfonshire
Church of St John
Church of St Joseph

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
ColwynBay_StAndrew_DSC2304_53A.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018