Church of St Cynllo, Llanbister, Powys
formerly in: Radnorshire
Diocese of Swansea & Brecon
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SO11007330
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Medieval church of early fourteenth century, tower sixteenth century, bell stage 1732, with some repair or restoration in the eighteenth century (gallery 1716). Further restoration by W. D. Caroe and H. Passmore in 1908. Eighteenth century chamber organ, restored 1859, and remains of bassoon and double bass from 'west gallery music' times of the eighteenth century.
CPAT Churches Survey.
as architect: W. D. Caröe
| Christ Reigning from the Cross |
about 1950Church of St Cynllo, Llanbister, Powys
east wall of the chancel
| Lamb with the Book and the Seven Seals |
about 1873Church of St Cynllo, Llanbister, Powys
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021