Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH58347246
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The Church of St Mary, or Eglwys Santes Fair, was built in 1864 to the design of the Liverpool architect, H.P. Horner. The church was closed in 2014.


Search for further information about Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: Henry P. Horner


Artworks at this site:
  The Adoration of the Shepherds The Adoration of the Shepherds
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
1894
Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  St John the Baptist with Angels St John the Baptist with Angels
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
probably late nineteenth century
Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd
south wall of the south aisle
  The Risen Christ with Angels The Risen Christ with Angels
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
about 1920
Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd
south wall of the south aisle
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1981
Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd
north wall of the north aisle



Other sites at Bangor, Caernarfonshire
Bangor Cathedral
Bangor University Collection
Chapel of Church Hostel, Bangor University
Church of St David
Penrallt Baptist Chapel

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
BangorStMary_DSC3108_53A.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018