Church of St Mary, Llan, Powys
formerly in: Montgomeryshire
Diocese of Bangor
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SH88410078
Early medieval site with an unknown original dedication, rededicated to Mary by the thirteenth century. The church housed a school until 1856. The settlement of Llanbrynmair around the church has mostly moved north to the main road between Machynlleth and Newtown.
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
| The Crucifixion with Scenes from the Gospels |
firm/studio: Herbert Bryans
1906Church of St Mary, Llan, Powys
east wall of the chancel
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021