Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN262487
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church rebuilt in 1864–5 to the design of R.J. Withers, replacing an earlier building of around 1800, located on a medieval site. The church was altered by W.D. Caröe in around 1920, when the spire was removed.


Search for further information about Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: W. D. Caröe
   as architect: R. J. Withers


Artworks at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Lavers & Barraud
about 1864
Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  The Virgin Mary and St Elizabeth The Virgin Mary and St Elizabeth
firm/studio: Lavers & Westlake
1904
Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion
south wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Blaenporth_DSC4886_53A.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018