Church of St Simon and St Jude, Llanddeusant, Carmarthenshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN776246
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval double-naved church, with fabric perhaps dating to the fourteenth century, although the foundation is certainly older. The south nave was added in the fifteenth century and the tower perhaps in the sixteenth century. The church was restored in 1885–6 by John Norton, and there was a further restoration in 1913–14.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Norton


Artworks at this site:
  Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
about 1914
Church of St Simon and St Jude, Llanddeusant, Carmarthenshire
north wall
  The Ascension The Ascension
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1885
Church of St Simon and St Jude, Llanddeusant, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017