Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire

Diocese of Monmouth

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST45668764

Church (Anglican)

The Church of St Mary, Rogiet, is a medieval building, with fabric perhaps dating from the fourteenth century. The arcade and roofs, as well as some fittings, date from work by Seddon & Carter in 1903.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: John Coates Carter
   as architect: John Pollard Seddon


Artworks at this site:
Virgin and Child with Christ as the Sower and the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
artist: A. W. Robinson
1929
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
Christ with Children
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1966
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave
Peter's Commission
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1966
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
north wall of north aisle
The Adoration of the Shepherds
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1959
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
north wall of north aisle
The Annunciation
artist: Geoffrey Robinson
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1981
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
west wall of the north aisle


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019