Church of St Garmon, Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, Denbighshire

Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ19085616

Church of St Garmon, Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, Denbighshire Llanarmon-yn-ia?l_DSC2725B.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Double-naved fifteenth-century church, located on an earlier site. The dedication of the church to 'Sancto Germano' is attested in 1254. The church was considerably rebuilt in the 1730s and restored by John Douglas in 1870.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Garmon, Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, Denbighshire on Google


Artworks at this site:
  The Ascension The Ascension
artist: William Glasby
about 1927
Church of St Garmon, Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Symbols of the Four Evangelists The Symbols of the Four Evangelists
1849
Church of St Garmon, Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, Denbighshire
north wall of the nave
View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Garmon, Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021