Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire

formerly in: Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ092701
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Peter Jones

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church dating back to at least the eleventh century. The tower is fifteenth or perhaps early sixteenth century and the south aisle was added in the sixteenth century. Repairs and restorations were undertaken during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries; the 1865 restoration undertaken by T.H. Wyatt.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt


Artworks at this site:
  Faith, Hope and Charity Faith, Hope and Charity
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1909
Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire
north wall of the nave
  Christ in Majesty with Acts of Mercy Christ in Majesty with Acts of Mercy
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1866
Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Peter Jones







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017