Church of St Brynach, Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN021340
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church largely ruined by the nineteenth century. Restored in the 1890s and into the first years of the twentieth century under the patronage of Percy Arden, the work supervised by the architects George Morgan & Sons of Carmarthen. The circular churchyard and early medieval inscribed stones suggest that the site is early medieval.

Church Website

Artworks at this site:
  Eucharistic Window Eucharistic Window
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1898
Church of St Brynach, Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  St Paul St Paul
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1898
Church of St Brynach, Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1903
Church of St Brynach, Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north transept


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Brynach, Pontfaen, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017