Church of St Foddhyd, Clocaenog, Denbighshire
Diocese of St Asaph
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SJ08195423
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Medieval church associated with both Trillo and Meddwyd (the later with variations including Medwida and Foddhyd), a daughter of Idloes. Late medieval features survived the restorations in 1856-7 and 1882, including the rood screen, the font and some sixteenth century glass.
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
| The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John |
firm/studio: William Holland
about 1865Church of St Foddhyd, Clocaenog, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021