Church of the Holy Trinity, Leighton, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ242059

Church (Anglican)

Built as an estate church in 1851-3 by W.H. Gee of Liverpool for John Naylor. The church retains its Victorian fittings, including the entire glazing scheme by Forrest & Bromley. The church is now in the Diocese of Hereford.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)


Search for further information about Church of the Holy Trinity, Leighton, Powys on Google


Artworks at this site:
Christ with the Four Evangelists
firm/studio: Forrest & Bromley
about 1853
Church of the Holy Trinity, Leighton, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Scenes and Characters from the Old and New Testaments
firm/studio: Forrest & Bromley
about 1853
Church of the Holy Trinity, Leighton, Powys
west wall of the nave






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019