Church of St Aelhaiarn, Guilsfield, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ21921165

Church (Anglican)

Medieval church mainly dating to the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, although the building is older. Restored by G.E. Street 1877-9.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Aelhaiarn, Guilsfield, Powys on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: George Edmund Street


Artworks at this site:
The Crucifixion with Saints
1910
Church of St Aelhaiarn, Guilsfield, Powys
east wall of the south aisle chapel (Lady Chapel)
Christ and the Four Evangelists
designer: George Edmund Street
about 1879
Church of St Aelhaiarn, Guilsfield, Powys
Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1891
Church of St Aelhaiarn, Guilsfield, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Prophets and Fathers
designer: George Edmund Street
about 1879
Church of St Aelhaiarn, Guilsfield, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Virgin and Child with Saints
about 1945
Church of St Aelhaiarn, Guilsfield, Powys
south wall of the south aisle
View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021