Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ110505
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved medieval church, dating back to the thirteenth century. The south nave was added in the late-fifteenth or early-sixteenth century, and stained glass fragments of this date survive. The church was restored in 1890.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
late fifteenth century - early sixteenth century
Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire
east wall of the north nave
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
late fifteenth century - early sixteenth century
Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire
east wall of the south nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017