Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH875674
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The medieval church is an early medieval foundation, with some of the present fabric dating back to the thirteenth century. Restoration took place in 1849.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  The Last Judgement with Acts of Mercy The Last Judgement with Acts of Mercy
artist: Charles Clutterbuck
about 1830
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  St Paul St Paul
about 1893
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
north wall of the sanctuary
  St John St John
about 1893
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
south wall of the sanctuary
  Virtues Virtues
firm/studio: Ballantine & Allan
about 1853
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
south wall of the south transept


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017