Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN511003
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Chapel (Independent)
Chapel originally built in 1780 and rebuilt several times, the present chapel being a partial rebuild of 1894 by O. Morris Roberts of Portmadog, retaining much of the earlier design of Thomas Thomas of 1852-3.

An extensive photographic survey by the Royal Commission includes figurative glass in the chapel, available on the Coflein website.

Artworks at this site:
Peter's Commission
probably 1890s or 1900s
Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
probably 1890s or 1900s
Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
Virgin and Child
probably 1890s or 1900s
Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire



Other sites at Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
Church of All Saints

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017