Church of All Saints, Llanfrechfa, Torfaen

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST320936
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
All Saints Church was rebuilt in 1873-4, retaining the tower, west end of the nave and south porch. The Gothic design was by Charles Buckeridge, although John Loughborough Pearson took over the project after the death of Buckeridge.

Some of the stained glass windows of the church can be found on the: Parish website.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Loughborough Pearson


Artworks at this site:
Christ in Glory with Saints
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1874
Church of All Saints, Llanfrechfa, Torfaen
east wall of the chancel
Christ with Children and Mary Magdalene
artist: George Rogers
about 1854
Church of All Saints, Llanfrechfa, Torfaen
north wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017