Church of St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham

formerly in: Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SJ2937
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval. Remodelled probably fifteenth century and again 1828-9; subsequent restoration 1877. Some seventeenth and eighteenth century work and monuments.

Artworks at this site:
Baptism of Jesus, Nativity, Ascension, Meal at Emmaus
Church of St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham
east wall of the north aisle
David, Isaiah, the Virgin Mary, the Adoration
firm/studio: C. E. Kempe
about 1904
Church of St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham
east wall of the south chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017