Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO442023
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church of the fifteenth century, with some restoration work of 1858 by J.P. Seddon. Simple plan with nave, chancel and south porch and vestry to the north. The tower is seventeenth century.

Artworks at this site:
  Christ the Light of the World with the Virgin Mary and St Peter Christ the Light of the World with the Virgin Mary and St Peter
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
probably 1920s
Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire
south wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd with the Sower Christ the Good Shepherd with the Sower
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
probably 1920s
Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire
north wall of the nave
  Genesis Window Genesis Window
artist: Geoffrey Robinson
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1988
Church of St Tysoi, Llansoy, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017