Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH495755
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Small church built in a simple Romanesque style by John Welch in 1841. The interior has box pews and retains its west gallery. The early font has a carved interlace pattern.

Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1936
Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey
east wall
  The Risen Christ The Risen Christ
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1936
Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey
south wall
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1935
Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey
north wall


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Ffinan, Llanffinan, Anglesey height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017