Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn, Powys
formerly in: Brecknockshire
Diocese of Swansea & Brecon
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SO13312613
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Church built on an early Christian site perhaps dating back to the fifth century. The present church of St Gastyn (or Gastayn) is however a Victorian church designed by the young John Loughborough Pearson, for Robert Raikes of Treberfydd in 1848-50. Raikes intended the church to be an example of the Tractarian liturgical ideas, and the interior still reflects this.
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
as architect: John Loughborough Pearson
| Christ with the Virgin Mary and St John |
firm/studio: William Wailes
1849Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021