Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys

formerly in: Brecknockshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO039510
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, of which only the fourteenth century tower survives. The church was rebuilt in 1793, but subsequently replaced in 1873-5 by John Norton.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Norton


Artworks at this site:
Scenes from the Passion of Christ
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1903
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
east wall of the chancel
The Annunciation with the Adoration of the Shepherds
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1945
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
west wall of the nave
Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1945
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
west wall of the south aisle
Christ's Commission to the Disciples
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1945
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
north wall of the nave
The Transfiguration
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1893
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
south wall of the south aisle


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017