Church of St Mary, Magor, Monmouthshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST425869
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church with a thirteenth century central tower, the rest of the church being fourteenth and fifteenth century. The church was heavily restored by John Norton in 1861-8.

Church website

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Norton


Artworks at this site:
  The Sacrifice of Isaac The Sacrifice of Isaac
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1880
Church of St Mary, Magor, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1988
Church of St Mary, Magor, Monmouthshire
south wall of the chancel
  A Fallen Soldier Received by Christ with St Michael and St George A Fallen Soldier Received by Christ with St Michael and St George
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1920
Church of St Mary, Magor, Monmouthshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Christ the Good Shepherd with Isaiah and St Paul Christ the Good Shepherd with Isaiah and St Paul
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1931
Church of St Mary, Magor, Monmouthshire
south wall of the south aisle


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary, Magor, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017