Church of All Saints, Buttington, Powys
formerly in: Montgomeryshire
Diocese of St Asaph
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SJ24990884
Medieval church (largely fourteenth century) but dating back to at least 1265. Timber work of fifteenth century. Porch 1686. Restored 1876. The font is a former capital from Strata Marcella Abbey, which was nearby. The reredos was carved by Revd R.J. Roberts, Vicar 1879-86.
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
| The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John |
1874Church of All Saints, Buttington, Powys
east wall of the chancel
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021